It is too cold out. Even my poor cats are cold. Loki has super thin shorthair and he looked a bit cold. Clearly I had to so something to keep him toasty.
Knitwear is almost always the answer. He wore his new sweater with pride. The only problem was the hood would sometimes fall and cover his eyes when he jumped down. Pattern is Cat’s Hoodie knit with 1.5 skeins of Knitpicks wool of the Andes superwash. I guess I could have turned the thermostat up, but this was the cuter solution.
Last summer, I participated in a mystery knit a long. Every few weeks a new “clue” was released. I know that pattern was for a shawl, I didn’t realize I was going to end up with something UGLY. So I finished knitting it, and it sat lingering in the WIPs pile until last Friday when I decided I would block it and weave in the ends.
Blocking is magic and can drastically improve the look of a project. It helps to even out stitches and makes lace look wonderful. Blocking didn’t help much. It just looked like a well knit shawl of ugly when I was done. Everyone I showed it to agreed that it was ugly and tried to make suggestions how to improve it. Most of the suggestions involved more knitting or killing it with fire. I am done knitting this project so in a last ditch effort to save the project I dumped it in the dye pot with a whole lot of kool aid.
Over dying helped, but the stupid thing is still ugly. Attempts to photograph the results were challenging. Loki felt like he was being ignored and he kept jumping on me.
Or maybe he was trying to censor me.
I moved recently and the only place to put the litter box was in the dining room. I got a covered box to replace the litter tray I was using. The covered box wasn’t working for one of my cats. She was too big and the box was too small. She would stand in the litter box and pee on the floor. I had to go back to using the litter tray. No one wants to look at that in a dining room so I devised a way to hide it.
I basically attached a strip of fabric with a gap in the front to a cheap Lack table from IKEA. I used scraps from a curtain I hemmed and sewed on some velcro strips. I attached the velcro to the table with a glue gun. The table is cheap enough that I don’t care if the cats damage it. This was a pretty inexpensive project. The table was $8, the velco was $3, and I already had the rest of the supplies
This might be the first sewing project I have attempted recently where my sewing machine behaved. I usually have some extremely unpleasant long arguments with sewing machines, but not this time. Maybe I have threatened it enough times. Maybe it has lulled me in to a false sense of security. I don’t know if I should be afraid of my sewing machine next time I use it, or if I should take up quilting.