Another finished project! This project is also for Joe. It’s one of his Christmas gifts for 2012. I grossly underestimated how much time it would take to stitch this when I could only work on it in secret. Knitting on the T is easy, embroidery on the T is not (knot?).
The top row of flowers isn’t crooked, it was laying on a towel drying when I took the picture. I bought the kit from Adafruit Industries. I still need to iron and frame it, but the stitching is done. The instructions and pattern were really easy to follow. I hated working with metallic thread, but it was only a small part of the chart.
It feels good to have another completed project. I am trying to end 2013 with less WIPS than I started with, so I am trying to only start new projects after I finish 3. This seems to be working as I started with 27 WIPS, and now I am down to 19! I also finished a shawl (more on that later). Now that I have finished 3 WIPS I cast on a project for me. I started knitting The Age of Brass and Steam shawl using some tweedy yarn I got at the Windsor Button closing sale. Yarn is Louisa Harding Willow Tweed. It’s a blend of alpaca, merino and silk. The ball band claims it is DK, but that’s a lie.
I also got some really awesome small star buttons. I was thinking maybe the Steampunkery Socks kit, or the Spatterdash wrist warmers. I have the yarn I need for those projects, but I don’t think I have the right needles. I can’t cast on until I finished 3 more projects anyway.