Last summer, I participated in a mystery knit a long. Every few weeks a new “clue” was released. I know that pattern was for a shawl, I didn’t realize I was going to end up with something UGLY. So I finished knitting it, and it sat lingering in the WIPs pile until last Friday when I decided I would block it and weave in the ends.

Mystery Shawl 2012: Rockefeller

Blocking is magic and can drastically improve the look of a project. It helps to even out stitches and makes lace look wonderful. Blocking didn’t help much. It just looked like a well knit shawl of ugly when I was done. Everyone I showed it to agreed that it was ugly and tried to make suggestions how to improve it. Most of the suggestions involved more knitting or killing it with fire. I am done knitting this project so in a last ditch effort to save the project I dumped it in the dye pot with a whole lot of kool aid.

Over dying helped, but the stupid thing is still ugly. Attempts to photograph the results were challenging. Loki felt like he was being ignored and he kept jumping on me.

2013-09-05 19.28.11

 Or maybe he was trying to censor me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *